Clouds Over the Poppy Garden as She Runs on Grass! [2023, February]

Clouds Over the Poppy Garden as She Runs on Grass is a 3-part collaboration between artists 🌺Xeem Noor (Poppy), ☁️Shiela Samsuri (Clouds) and 🏃🏻‍♀️Cassielelolea (Runner) and nature in February 2023.

Xeem is a multitalented artist and a dear friend whose work I have long been a fan of. We got closer since the pandemic started so I was able to witness her creative evolution online, so being able to see her work in physical form is incredibly exciting. 

When I found out she will be displaying some of her work inspired by her time in residency in Spain, I couldn't wait to see all of them in real life.



The Basics


CLOUDS OVER THE POPPY GARDEN AS SHE RUNS ON GRASS

When: 4th - 19th February, 10am - 5pm, Sat & Sun (other days by appointment only)
Where: temuhouse
Who: 🌺Xeem Noor, ☁️Shiela Samsuri and 🏃🏻‍♀️Cassielelolea, curated by Sharmin


The Event

I went to the opening reception with Yani and Hakym after a sketching activity with KLSketchNation earlier that day. When we arrived, the first person I looked for was of course Xeem, who just got off the fanvideocall with Monsta X's Minhyuk an hour before the exhibition was officially open (in fact he was the first person she gave a virtual tour too heheh). The mood was celebratory in every way, I'm so happy for her!

20230204_164152
Some of ☁️Shiela Samsuri 's Clouds series - dreamy and evocative



20230204_164753 
A happy 🌺Xeem Noor with her work of handmade dyes and fiber crafts



20230204_164145
 🏃🏻‍♀️Cassielelolea explaining to Hakym & Yani how her runs inspired her ink work


20230204_171743(0)      IMG_1970
Glad I could catch up with Afi Noor (Xeem's sister and fellow Monbebe)!

My Thoughts


Although I had a long day, I'm so glad I managed to drop by and check out all the work available. I am blown away by the fact that each piece displayed are products of not just sweat (e.g. one of the methods Xeem uses to get plant dye involves using a hammer) but also time and deep contemplation. 

20230204_164210
Reading each artist's description of their work is also fascinating!


I look forward to their future work and hope they continue making such thoughtful art. :)

20230204_165132
Xeem Noor (2022) - Open Your Eyes and Come Inside


Last Updated: 2023-02-13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Info: Money Matters

Kemensah River (2020, January)

Tokyo (2016, October)