Musings: The 'tortured' artist

I often feel that my art comes from a place of pain.
But as I progress in my journey of healing, I wonder if that's just my trauma talking.

The beautifully complex paintings visualising the artists' sadness and hopelessness.

The tsunami of thoughts and feelings unfurled through poetry, evidence of a heavy mind and heart.

The husky, raspy voice in songs I love, most likely caused by smoking habits of the singer.

And so forth.


They say Earth without art is just "eh", but I wonder how many of us don't have an issue with (or worse, enable) artists suffering for/with their art.

Art born from grief and tragedy may be cathartic, but at what cost?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Info: Money Matters

Tokyo (2016, October)

Kemensah River (2020, January)